Join us at the Thai Polo and Equestrian Club, Pattaya on 4 March 2017 for a great day of biking at the Pattaya Family Bike Day 2017. Following the ride we will be treated to a delicious BBQ dinner from Holiday Inn Pattaya, children’s activities and a chance to make new friends while enjoying the scenery at one of the magnificent pavilions.
To provide a fun, challenging and rewarding day for everyone we have different rides catering to different abilities and fitness levels. The focus is on a family event with the longer rides aimed at something teenagers and parents can enjoy with their friends and family.
This event will consist of four ride options:
- Children’s ride: The 2km ride is on a groomed dirt trail. It is suitable for young children being pushed by their parents on bikes with a handle, children with balance bikes (walking bikes), children using stabilisers and for those on small single speed bikes. Parents are encouraged to walk or cycle the course with younger, less confident children. Babies and toddlers will enjoy participating in the ride in their strollers or prams.
- 5km Ride: The 5km ride is a reasonably flat ride on nice wide open trails. The ride is suitable for children who can ride a single speed bike (gears are not required) without stabilisers. Any tyre type will be fine. Fitter parents, who do not have a bike of their own, are welcome to walk or jog along with their children. The ride is also suitable for off road strollers and tag along bikes.
- 10km Ride: The 10km ride is suitable for anyone including children over 8 years of age who are confident on their bikes and able to handle some simple off-road trails. A minimum of 3 gears are recommended but strong riders will be fine with just one gear and off-road tyres. The course is fairly flat and mostly on double track with firm dirt. The ride is also suitable for tag along bikes and for children on toddler seats on an experienced parent’s bike.
- 25km Ride: The 25km ride was designed with teenagers and weekend warriors in mind. This enjoyable ride in the countryside takes you past coconut, tapioca and pineapple plantations on farmer’s trails. It includes wide and fast double tracks and a long, fun and flowing single track section especially designed with mountain bike riders in mind. The 25km ride is suitable for anyone at, or above, average fitness level. Any mountain bike with more than 6 gears will be suitable for this ride.
- Schedule for the day including start times for each ride can be found here.
- Details regarding Mountain Bike Hire from SpiceRoads Cycle Tours can be found here.
- There are no age restrictions for any of the rides but we expect participants to choose a ride that suits their ability and fitness levels. The recommendations above act as a guide only.
- A parent/guardian is responsible for their children at all times during the day. This may require parent/guardian to walk/run/ride alongside their child. All participants under the age of 18 years require parent/guardian permission to participate in events.
We have two options for participants – come to the event as a bike rider and enjoy the delicious BBQ prepared by Holiday Inn Pattaya or, if you do not want to ride, just come for the BBQ!
- Adults & children 13 years and over – 800 THB
- Children 2 – 12 years – 500 THB
- Registration includes: Trail rides, water stations, BBQ dinner from Holiday Inn Pattaya (not including drinks) and medal
Notes: PayPal charges a small transaction fee. There is a 50% late fee for registering on the day of the event. Online registration closes on Wednesday 1 March 2017.
- Adults & children 13 years and over – 600 THB
- Children 2 – 12 years – 300 THB
- Registration includes: BBQ dinner from Holiday Inn Pattaya (not including drinks)
Note: PayPal charges a small transaction fee. There is a 50% late fee for registering on the day of the event. Online registration closes on Wednesday 1 March 2017.
REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED FOR 2017
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org if you still want to attend!
Pattaya Family Bike Day 2017 would not be possible without the support of our Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsors: